Pau Gasol‘s unblemished reputation goes far beyond Spain’s borders, as shown by the NBA’s latest gesture to him.
The former Grizzlies, Lakers and Bulls player will be one of the coaches of the Rising Stars, which pits the league’s young players in their first and second years against each other during All-Star weekend.
This year, like in 2022, G League players will also be invited.
The G League is the developmental league in which NBA franchise affiliates operate.
Joakim Noah, Deron Williams and Jason Terry have been chosen to join Pau as coaches of the four teams that will play in a mini-tournament on February 18.
Santi Aldama, a notable absence
Before the game, the four former players will select three teams out of seven in a small draft that will not include G League players.
In total there will be 28 players including 10 rookies (first year), 11 sophomores (second year) and G League players.
Here is the complete list in which Santi Aldama will not be included despite his good season with the Memphis Grizzlies.
- Paolo Banchero, Orlando Magic
- Jalen Duren, Detroit Pistons
- AJ Griffin, Atlanta Hawks
- Jaden Ivey, Detroit Pistons
- Walker Kessler, Utah Jazz
- Bennedict Mathurin, Indiana Pacers
- Keegan Murray, Sacramento Kings
- Andrew Nembhard, Indiana Pacers
- Jabari Smith Jr., Houston Rockets
- Jeremy Sochan, San Antonio Spurs
- Jalen Williams, Oklahoma City Thunder
- Jose Alvarado, New Orleans Pelicans
- Scottie Barnes, Toronto Raptors
- Josh Giddey, Oklahoma City Thunder
- Jalen Green, Houston Rockets
- Quentin Grimes, New York Knicks
- Bones Hyland, Denver Nuggets
- Evan Mobley, Cleveland Cavaliers
- Trey Murphy III, New Orleans Pelicans
- Alperen Sengun, Houston Rockets
- Franz Wagner, Orlando Magic
- Sidy Cissoko, G League Ignite
- Scoot Henderson, G League Ignite
- Mojave King, G League Ignite
- Kenneth Lofton Jr., Memphis Hustle
- Mac McClung, Deleware Blue Coats
- Leonard Miller, G League Ignite
- Scotty Pippen Jr., South Bay Lakers