When Jaylon Ferguson was reported unresponsive in the Baltimore’s Harwood neighborhood, officials attended the call and arrived as medics were providing treatment to the Ravens linebacker. He was unresponsive and after a few minutes of proceedings, he was pronounced dead at the scene.
Looking into his medical history, there is no previous illness or any other reason that could’ve explained why he laid unresponsive when the medics arrived. Baltimore police spokeswoman Niki Fennoy stated that the NFL player never regained consciousness despite the efforts from the medical staff. There were also no signs of trauma to the head or anything remotely related to that, this left everybody puzzled after the fact.
How did Jaylon Ferguson die?
According to officials, the 26-year-old will be submitted to an autopsy that will determine the exact cause of death and clarify everything for officials and his family. There is still a lot to uncover about this especially with players who are in constant contact with their head. That constant head trauma adds to the already existing problems they go through and many of them become addicted to certain medications.
In many of these cases, we are talking about players who have been trying to overcome this depression through different types of pain killers or even alcohol abuse. Jaylon Ferguson’s case as a linebacker fits this profile due to his position on the field. However, we can’t say for certain this is the case until we see the autopsy results.
Officials don’t rule out a possible overdose.
Sadly, another player who is extremely young and barely starting his career in the NFL has left us way before his time. The age of 26 shouldn’t be a concern for passing on to anybody in any sport. Many different reasons for deaths are reported in the NFL, one of them can sometimes be a drug overdose. The Baltimore Police ssibility either. If this is the case, Jaylon Ferguson may have been consuming Xanax.
“I can say that we are not ruling anything out,” Baltimore police spokesperson Lindsey Eldridge said. “We don’t determine cause of death, but we consider the possibility that it could be an overdose.” A friend of Ferguson did tell the police that Jaylon was ‘xanied up’, meaning he was consuming Xanax before his passing. Ferguson was going through a difficult time after his grandmother passed away.