Inflation has been a problem for several months and it is showing no signs of slowing down, as gas prices remain high in the United States.
It is important, therefore, for people to find the best deals at the pumps and this can be achieved by shopping around a little.
In this guide to gas prices in the USA, we will keep you informed when it comes to the current situation with gas in the USA, outlining where the cheapest gas stations are in the biggest cities.
What state has the highest gas prices?
The US state that has the highest gas prices has long been California, where the average price is well above six dollars a gallon (6.43 dollars).
What state has the lowest gas prices?
The US state that has the lowest gas prices is Georgia, where the average price is 4.48 dollars per gallon. Even there, though, the prices are rising and quickly..
Where are the cheapest gas stations in the US?
In terms of the cheapest gas stations in the US, these are the lowest-priced places to get gas in the top 10 most populated cities in the country:
- New York, New York (4.95 dollars): Citgo, 3602 21St St Astoria, NY.
- Los Angeles, California (6.12 dollars): Valero, 500 S Alameda St Los Angeles, CA.
- Chicago, Illinois (5.77 dollars): Costco, 1430S Ashland Ave Chicago, IL.
- Houston, Texas (4.53 dollars): Timewise, 1002 Montrose Blvd Houston, TX.
- Phoenix, Arizona (5.49 dollars): Circle K, 614 W Roosevelt St Phoenix, AZ.
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (4.90 dollars): A Plus, 2201 Walnut St Philadelphia, PA.
- San Antonio, Texas (4.49 dollars): Powerfuel, 202 S Trinity St San Antonio, TX.
- San Diego, California (6.07 dollars): Petromerica, 1548 F St San Diego, CA.
- Dallas, Texas (4.63 dollars): 7-Eleven, 750 N Riverfront Blvd Dallas, TX.
- San Jose, California (6.07 dollars): Grand Gas, 899 N 13Th St San Jose, CA.